Samstag, 17. April 2010

My wings

Over the shoulder I glanced behind,
And I saw the burdens that weighed my mind.

The burdens of wishes yet unrealized.
The burdens of decision untaken still.
The burdens of promise that stood unfulfilled.
The burdens of guilts for vices unremedied.

With these weights I trudged along my trail,
Where they took me, not for me to tell.

But when I am lonely and full of sorrow,
My burdens encourage me to live for tomorrow.

They light my path and lead me high,
Where thee glad winds of glory brush past and by.

In such a moment I wonder and stop,
Only to discover my burden lost.

Transformed it is into something lighter than wisps.
My burdens are replaced with a pair of wings.
Posted by ShreK at 11:51 PM 0 comments

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen